Spay/Neuter Make an Appointment
Spaying or neutering your pet is one of the most important things you can do for your pet. The Anti-Cruelty Society’s clinic is able to offer these important surgeries at a greatly reduced price thanks to the generosity of our committed donors.
The Anti-Cruelty Society offers a dog and cat spay/neuter clinic Monday–Friday.
Spay/Neuter Surgery Costs
- Cats: $30 male or female
- Feral cats: No charge
- Dogs: $130 (male and female, except pit bull and pit bull mixes)
- Pit bull and pit bull mix dogs: $60
Additional Services Available at the Time of Surgery
- Canine/feline distemper vaccination – $15
The Anti-Cruelty Society requires that all animals having surgery at the Society have a current distemper vaccination.
- Microchip – $25
- Feline leukemia/FIV Test – $25
- Rabies vaccination – $20
Cook County requires that all animals have a current rabies vaccination.
- Canine Influenza Vaccine – $25
Pre and Post-Surgical Instructions
Please arrive at the Clinic, 157-169 W. Grand Ave. between 8 a.m. and 9 a.m. Clinic doors do not open until 8 a.m. (Pick up is the same day as drop off between 5:30 and 6 p.m.) If you arrive before 8 a.m., please wait in our 157-169 W. Grand Ave. lobby. Spay and neuter surgeries require no overnight stays.
The day of your appointment, please bring your animal to our clinic between 8 a.m. and 9 a.m. Cats must be in a carrier, dogs must be on a leash or in a carrier. If you arrive before 8 a.m. please wait in our first floor lobby at 157-169 W. Grand Ave. Please allow additional time so you and your pet can meet briefly with a veterinarian. Release times are between 5:30 p.m. and 6 p.m.
- We do not spay dogs during their heat cycles, call to reschedule if your dog begins a heat cycle.
- For reasons of medical safety, our high volume clinic has a weight restriction; dogs must be less than 75 lbs.
- Please remember your appointment date as we are unable to confirm this over the phone.
- Please be on time for your appointment. We are unable to accommodate late arrivals, and you will forfeit your prepay.
- We do not reschedule missed dog appointments.
- You must bring in the appropriate animal type and sex to the appointment type you select.
- All animals must be at least 3 months of age to have spay or neuter surgery.