Are you planning a service day with your work colleagues? Do you have a group of students with a passion for pets who want to help? Whether for a school outing or corporate event, there are many ways in which outside groups can get involved with our community of caring! Learn more about the details for current group volunteer opportunities.
Puppy Pop-Ups are a unique way to learn more about The Anti-Cruelty Society’s mission in the comfort of your own office. At these fun community outreach events, Society staff and volunteers bring 2-5 adoptable dogs to an indoor space of your choice for one-on-one puppy cuddle time. Providing added socialization to our pups, while bringing joy and energy to your office, these events offer the perfect blend of advocacy and engagement for your team.
- Reservation Fee: $500
- Proceeds from Puppy Pop-Ups directly support the work of The Anti-Cruelty Society.
- Scheduling is subject to staff and puppy availability.
- We recommend booking events at least 6 weeks in advance.
- Puppy Pop-Ups are available for host locations within a 10 mile radius of downtown Chicago.
- Event Set-Up: Provide an open, safe indoor, space where we can set up a 6x6 playpen, potty pads, and other supplies.
- Event promotion: Promote your event in advance to ensure good attendance.
- Building Permissions: Check in advance with building management to ensure pet policy allows for dog visitation.
- Parking: Secure parking for The Anti-Cruelty Society education van within 500 feet of the building’s entrance.
How is a Puppy Pop-Up different from a Puppy Parade?
- Take place indoors
- Larger travel radius
- Allow more one-on-one dog time
- They’re private! You choose who you invite to your event
For more information, email email@example.com.
These interactive neighborhood walks bring adoptable dogs right to you. Whether you’re a local business, university, non-profit, or simply a group of animal-loving citizens, for a small donation you can book a Puppy Parade to come right to your doorstep.
Puppy Parades take place on Thursdays from 12-1 p.m. between May – October in the Chicago downtown area. These walks help raise awareness for our cause while giving dogs an opportunity to enjoy the sights and sounds of our beautiful city. Each parade includes 5-10 adoptable dogs and provides a full hour (weather permitting) of interaction at your chosen outdoor location.
- Reservation fee: $500
- Proceeds from Puppy Parades directly support the work of The Anti-Cruelty Society.
- Dates fill up fast! Book by spring to ensure you get a spot.
- Host destination must be in downtown Chicago, in walking distance of our main facility.
- Rain checks are available! In the event of inclement weather an alternate date will be scheduled for your event.
- Event Site: Provide an open, safe space where we can stand with our dogs and set-up watering stations. Event sites should be out of the way of pedestrian and vehicular traffic.
- Event promotion: Promote your event in advance to ensure good attendance. Average attendance at a Puppy Parade is between 100-200 people.
- Building Communication: Notify concierge and building management about the event at least 1 week in advance.
How is a Puppy Parade different from a Puppy Pop-Up?
- Take place outdoors
- Open to the public
- Your company/organization will be tagged in a Facebook and Instagram post the day before the parade and in a post on each platform after the parade. The Anti-Cruelty Society has over 75,000 followers on Facebook and over 22,000 followers on Instagram. This exposure is an added benefit for your organization when you book a parade!
- Only available in downtown Chicago
- Dogs are a wide variety of ages
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
These fun and engaging group volunteer sessions enable your team to help shelter animals in a practical way by crafting enrichment items for direct animal use. These finished items go a long way in making sure our animals remain happy, healthy, and comfortable while they’re in our care. Whether making a soft bed for a shelter cat, or braiding together a tug toy for an adoptable dog, your team can make a direct impact in the work we do!
- Overview of the Society
- Behind-the-scenes tour
- DIY donation tutorials
- Animal encounters
- Reservation Fee: $150 (non-refundable); Changes to reservation must be made 48 hours before your event.
- Proceeds from Crafting Crews directly support the work of The Anti-Cruelty Society.
- Materials and Supplies: Groups are required to bring in their own project materials for their event. Details below.
- Location: Events take place at our main facility at 169 W. Grand Avenue. Free on-site parking is available.
- We have an A/V projection system and computer available for groups to listen to music and/or enjoy movies.
- Crafting Crews are available for adult participants only. For details on Junior Crafting Crews, click here.
Materials & Supplies:
Groups are required to provide their own supplies for their event. Below is the current list of enrichment projects approved for use in our shelter. Groups can choose to purchase their materials online and have them sent to our location prior to their event. Your group can choose to do any combination of the following enrichment crafts during your session. Please review each project to determine which you’ll focus on so you can draft your supply list.
Scheduling a Session:
- We recommend scheduling your session at least one month in advance, which will give you time to plan and collect supplies for the crafts.
- Groups can be scheduled Sunday through Thursday, from 10 a.m.–12 p.m. or 1–3 p.m.
- Each group must have at least 10 participants, inquire below for our maximum participant amount.
Ready to book an event? Contact us at email@example.com.