Thank you for choosing to be a foster with The Anti-Cruelty Society. The love and support you show to the animals in your care changes lives. The resources below have been designed to help you navigate the program with greater ease. Please do not hesitate to contact the Foster Support Team at any time with questions.
Foster Support Team:
Amber Pazdzioch, Foster Manager
Sunday–Thursday: 8 a.m.–4 p.m.
Mayra Barrios, Coordinator of Foster Services
Sunday–Thursday: 10 a.m.–6 p.m.
Maria Valdez, Coordinator of Foster Services
Tuesday–Saturday: 10 a.m.–6 p.m.
View all animals who are awaiting foster placement here.
The Anti-Cruelty Society Clinic:
For non-emergency medical matters, please use our Clinic Request Form
For emergencies during open-hours (daily, 9 a.m.–6 p.m.) please call our General Operator at 312-645-8221.
In case of emergencies after clinic hours please contact Veterinary Emergency Group (VEG) at 312-757-5444. VEG staff will provide guidance on next steps should the animal need to be brought in for emergency care. Inform the staff you are a foster parent for The Anti-Cruelty Society and bring a copy of your foster contract to verify your identity. Digital copies are accepted. VEG staff will contact Society staff to clear charges to ensure fosters don't have to pay out of pocket for expenses. VEG is located at 755 W. North Avenue in Chicago.
Behavior & Training Support
Behavior Support Team:
General Foster Info
Foster Pick-Up: Adoption Center 510 N. LaSalle: all foster pick-ups must be confirmed with the Foster Support Team. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Food Refills and General Supplies: If you need more food for your foster or a refresh of other supplies, please schedule a food/supply pickup appointment.
Foster Vaccines: if your foster animal needs to come in for a booster, please use this link to schedule a vaccine booster appointment.
Foster Drop-Off: Intake 169 W. Grand, Level 1R
- Schedule an appointment with our Foster Return Form
- Fosters are required to turn in a Dog, Cat or Rabbit Personality Profile for each animal in their care.
- If you have an adopter do not return the animal without contacting the Foster Support Team.
- If you’ve recruited an adopter for your foster, please have them follow the steps outlined on the Adoption Process page.
- If the animal was not available for adoption already, they will need to have a veterinarian clear them first before the adoption.
- Please do not return the animal to Intake. Foster parents should never promise potential adopters an animal as they must first be screened and approved by Adoption Counselors.
Should you be interested in adopting your foster – congratulations! Do not return the animal to intake. Contact the Foster Support Team regarding next steps.
Foster Program Manuals
- Foster Manual 2023
- Adoption Ambassador Program Manual
- Neonatal Foster Manual
- Rabbit Foster Manual
- Foster Help Sheet