Through a planned gift to The Anti-Cruelty Society, you help sustain our mission of building a community of caring by helping pets and educating people. At the same time, a planned gift to The Anti-Cruelty Society can provide lifetime benefits important to your financial future.
There are a variety of charitable giving vehicles through which you can leave a legacy for The Anti-Cruelty Society:
- A bequest by will or living trust
- Gifts of mutual funds, bonds or marketable securities
- Qualified retirement plan asset
- Charitable remainder trust
- Charitable lead trust
- Charitable gift annuity
- Life insurance policy
- Endowed gifts
We encourage you to contact your financial advisor and/or attorney for recommendations for your particular situation. We can provide you with a form with the general information needed to make such a gift, and are available to answer any questions you may have during this process.
Transfers of Stocks
Giving stocks and bonds to The Anti-Cruelty Society can significantly increase our ability to accomplish our mission. By donating appreciated stocks, bonds, and mutual fund shares that have been owned for more than one year, you can receive an income tax deduction for the fair market value of your gift. To make a stock gift to The Anti-Cruelty Society, please request our stock donation form, and complete and forward it to your broker. We are also available to answer any questions you many have. Please contact our Development Office to let us know when you have initiated this generous gift so we can acknowledge and record it correctly when it is received.
The Anti-Cruelty Society’s Tax I.D. Number: 36-2179814
For information on setting up a planned, major, or estate gift, click here.
For more information about any of these programs contact The Anti-Cruelty Society Development Office at 312-645-8080 or email email@example.com.
Rose Fay Thomas Society
If you have already named The Anti-Cruelty Society in your will or trust, thank you. Please let us know so we can acknowledge your generosity and invite you to become a member of The Rose Fay Thomas Society, named for our founder. As a member, you will receive:
- Recognition on the Rose Fay Thomas Society plaque in the Adoption Center Lobby;
- Listing in our Annual Report;
- Invitations to The Anti-Cruelty Society’s events
- Discounts at The Anti-Cruelty Society retail store
- The Anti-Cruelty Society’s bi-annual newsletter, Planning Perspectives
- The reward of knowing that you are part of a community of caring
- The Rose Fay Thomas Society is our way of recognizing the thoughtful and important decision you have made in support of our programs and services for our pets and our community.
For information on joining the Rose Fay Thomas Society, please call 312-645-8061.