The Anti-Cruelty Society is an open door to compassion.
The Anti-Cruelty Society’s mission is to build a community of caring by helping pets and educating people. The Society believes that companion animals provide people with joy, offers recognized health benefits, and unconditional love. It is our goal to find a home for every adoptable companion animal in need.
The Society offers a variety of programs and services to build a community of caring including the following: Cat and dog adoptions, spay/neuter clinic, humane education, cruelty investigation and rescue, free behavior helpline, three rehabilitation and treatment centers, pet loss and grief group sessions, pet visitation program, a foster program, pet first aid and CPR classes, and other pet-related workshops. Working together with other organizations and the public raises awareness about the needs of animals and how we can work together to promote responsible pet ownership and help prevent cruelty, abuse, and neglect.
The Anti-Cruelty Society shall:
- Provide compassionate care for any animal in need
- Attempt to find a home for every healthy or rehabilitatable dog and cat that comes to us
- Intervene to prevent cruelty to animals
- Partner with the community to educate on animal issues and inspire compassion and respect
- Provide low or no cost spaying or neutering
At The Anti-Cruelty Society we believe:
- In an open door policy—we will not turn away any animal in need
- There are no time limits placed on any animal in our care
- That no healthy or rehabilitatable pet should be euthanized
- The key to pet overpopulation is sterilization
- That education can prevent cruelty, abuse and neglect and promote responsible pet ownership
- If an animal’s quality of life is severely compromised, euthanasia is the humane alternative
We will provide the best quality animal care through:
- Collaboration—only through partnerships and relationships can we achieve our mission
- Excellence—we will strive to have a best practice model in all that we do
- Professionalism—we will act with integrity and in an ethical manner
- Leadership—we will plan for the next generation of issues that will impact our organization our community and pets
- Communication—we will fearlessly outline and communicate our commitment to being advocates for animals
- Transparency—we support the Asilomar Accords and proudly and publicly report our statistics