To sign up for a virtual Foster Orientation please sign up by clicking here.
Ways to Foster
We offer many ways in which you can help care for shelter animals within your home. Animals needing foster care include:
- Cats: Felines undergoing treatment for Upper Respiratory Infection as well as those who may need behavioral or emotional support.
- Kittens: Underage and underweight kittens who need additional time to grow and mature.
- Nursing Moms & Litters: Feline mothers and their underage kittens who need a calm, quiet, germ-free environment in which to grow up.
- Dogs: Canines recovering from injuries or illness, as well as those who may need additional training or behavior modification.
- Puppies: Underage canines who need to grow and gain weight.
- Small Animals: Rabbits, guinea pigs, birds, and other small pets who may be underage or who need a break from the shelter environment.
If you have any questions regarding our foster volunteer opportunities, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special Foster Programs
In addition to the opportunities above, Society foster parents have the opportunity to take part in a number of special project fosters.
- Bottle Babies: Orphaned, underage cats and dogs who need specialized 24-hour care to survive infancy. To donate milk or bottles for orphaned newborn kittens in need please visit our Amazon wishlist.
- Adoption Ambassadors: Dogs and cats in need of additional behavior support due to their background or difficulty adjusting to the shelter environment. Adoption Ambassador animals are adopted directly out of foster care.
- SAFE: Through this unique program The Anti-Cruelty Society offers emergency housing for pets whose owners are experiencing an emergency that temporarily prevents them from being able to care for the animal. SAFE foster animals are owned pets in need of four weeks of boarding while their owner gets back on their feet.
- Emergency Relief Fosters: These specialized foster caretakers are prepared to assist the Society with the overflow of animals in case of emergencies.