Spay/Neuter Surgery Appointments
The Anti-Cruelty Society offers a dog and cat spay/neuter clinic Tuesday through Friday.
PLEASE NOTE: ALL APPOINTMENTS ARE BOOKED THROUGH DECEMBER, 2019. THE JANUARY APPOINTMENTS WILL BE LISTED FOR AVAILABILITY IN MID-DECEMBER ALTHOUGH APPOINTMENTS ARE ONLY SCHEDULED 30 DAYS IN ADVANCE. This means that appointments listed on December 15 only show availability until January 15. Additional appointments will be listed each day.
WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE.
Spay/Neuter Clinic is located at:
157 W. Grand Ave. (Lower Level)
Chicago, IL 60654
Please arrive at the Clinic between 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. If you arrive before 8:00 a.m., please wait in our 157 W. Grand Ave. lobby as the Clinic does not open until 8:00 a.m. Please do not enter at 510 N. LaSalle St. This entrance is not open at this time.
We ask you to please be on time for your appointment. We are unable to accommodate late arrivals.
Things to Know About Your Appointment
- Allow additional time so you and your pet can meet briefly with a veterinarian.
- Pick up is the same day between 5:30 and 6:00 p.m.
- Cats must be in a carrier, dogs must be on a leash or in a carrier.
- If you are driving, please use our parking garage which is free of charge to anyone using The Anti-Cruelty Society services. It is located on Wells St., just south of Grand Ave. From the parking garage, take the elevator to the lower level (LL).
- All animals must be at least 3 months of age and over 3 pounds to have a spay/neuter surgery.
- We schedule appointments based on the type of animal and the sex. The animal you bring must match the one registered during the appointment process.
- Please do not schedule an appointment if your dog is currently in heat. You must wait one month after she stops spotting before scheduling an appointment. Contact us if you have already scheduled an appointment and your dog goes into heat prior to the appointment.
- Blood panels are required for animals 5 years and older receiving the spay/neuter surgery. This is an additional $60 fee.
- Cats: $30 male or female
- Feral cats: No charge
- Dogs: $130 (male and female, except pit bull and pit bull mixes)
- Pit bull and pit bull mix dogs: $60 (When scheduling the appointment online for a pit bull or pit bull mix dog, choose male or female and after choosing an appointment, click "add package" and click pit bull surgery. This will change the cost from $130 to $60.)
- Canine/feline distemper vaccination – $20
The Anti-Cruelty Society requires that all animals having surgery at the Society have a current distemper vaccination.
- Microchip – $25
- Feline leukemia/FIV Test – $25
- Rabies vaccination – $25
Cook County requires that all animals have a current rabies vaccination.
- Canine Influenza Vaccine – $25
- Blood panel for animals 5 years and older – $60
The Anti-Cruelty Society requires any animal being spayed/neutered that is over the age of 5 years have a blood panel done.
In order to comply with current standards of The Association of Shelter Veterinarians, a small green tattoo will be applied to the abdomen of male and female cats and female dogs. For male dogs, the tattoo will applied near the scrotum. This is meant to be an indicator of the sterilization status of these animals thus preventing unnecessary surgery later in life.
Schedule your appointment now.