The Anti-Cruelty Society Public Spay/Neuter Clinic is NOW open
The Anti-Cruelty Society has provided affordable, high volume spay/neuter surgeries for almost 30 years and through the generosity of our committed donors, we can continue this life saving work and pass the savings on to you.
Please continue reading below as some of our processes have changed.
Due to high demand, appointments are limited and we do not offer a waiting or cancellation list.
Appointments are available up to 30 days in advance. Please check back occasionally as new appointments open daily.
Days of operation: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. We are closed Friday through Monday.
Hours of operation: (please choose a specific time on our online scheduler)
- Cats must arrive between 8:10 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. Please choose a specific time when you schedule your appointment online
- Dogs must arrive between 8:40 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. Please choose a specific time when you schedule your appointment online
Pick Up: (All animals must be picked up on the same day as the surgery)
- Dog pick up times is between 4:00 p.m. to 4:45 p.m.
- Cat pick up times is between 4:45 p.m. to 5:15 p.m.
When you schedule an appointment, your pet will also be signed up to receive a complimentary distemper vaccine, a one-year rabies vaccine, and a 24HourPetWatch microchip. You can opt out of receiving any or all of these extra complimentary services.
All appointments are scheduled and prepaid online. Please choose the appropriate link based on the service you are requesting.
FERAL CATS: $15 (includes spay/neuter, distemper, a mandatory rabies, microchip and ear tip)
Please note: House cats or cats that go outside occasionally are not a considered a feral cat. Do not schedule your family pet as a feral.
You can schedule a maximum of two appointments per household per day
DOGS (Pit Bulls only): $90
DOGS living in specific communities: $90
This rate is for residents from the following zip codes: 60620, 60621, 60623, 60624, 60629, 60632, 60636, 60644, or 60651. You will be required to provide proof of address at your appointment. A state ID or driver’s license is required.
ALL OTHER DOGS: $220
- Pre-surgical blood panel (required for animals 5 years or older) $60
- Cryptorchid (male having only one or no testicles in the scrotum) $50
- Pregnancy termination $50
- Umbilical hernia repair $20
After scheduling an appointment, you will receive an email confirmation with pre-operative instructions and links to cancel or reschedule an appointment. If you are not able to keep your appointment, you must reschedule or cancel using the links in your confirmation email. There are no refunds for missed appointments. We are not able to reschedule or cancel appointments by phone.
If you need an appointment sooner, you can contact other shelter partners listed below or the Petsmart veterinarian locator:
- Cats: $80 male or female
- Feral cats: $15
- Dogs: $220 (male and female, except pit bull and pit bull mixes)
- Pit bull and pit bull mix dogs/dogs in specific communities: $90
In order to comply with current standards of The Association of Shelter Veterinarians, a small green tattoo will be applied to the abdomen of male and female cats and female dogs. For male dogs, the tattoo will applied near the scrotum. This is meant to be an indicator of the sterilization status of these animals thus preventing unnecessary surgery later in life.
Thank you for scheduling an appointment for spay/neuter. Please read the pre-operative instructions so you are prepared on the day of the appointment.
- Masks are required to enter the facility. If you have come in contact with anyone who tested positive with Covid-19 or you are feeling ill, please do not come to the facility. We will reschedule your appointment for a later date.
- The Clinic is located at 157 W. Grand Avenue, lower level. Free parking for drop off and pick up is available in our parking garage just south of Grand Avenue on Wells Street.
- If walking, enter 157 W. Grand Avenue
- To access the clinic, take the elevator to LL or the stairwell one level down
- No food after 9:00 p.m. the night before surgery
- Water should be freely available until the time you leave home
- Drop off times for cats is between 8:10 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. based on the time you chose when you registered
- Drop off times for dogs is between 8:40 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. based on the time you chose when you registered
- Please arrive on time for your appointment and be prepared to remain until you visit with a veterinarian while they conduct an exam on your pet
- Cats must be in a secure carrier and dogs must be on a leash
- Masks are required to enter the facility. If you have come in contact with anyone who tested positive with Covid-19 or you are feeling ill, please do not come to the facility. We will to reschedule your appointment for a later date. Please make arrangements for someone else to pick up your pet.
- Pick up for dogs is between 4:00 p.m. and 4:45 p.m.
- Pick up for cats is 4:45 p.m.to 5:15 p.m.
- Due to limited space, we are not able to board animals overnight. A $150 boarding fee will be accessed for any animal not picked up on the day of surgery