Thank you for organizing a Wish List Drive on our behalf! The Anti-Cruelty Society is always in need of extra supplies to help our animals stay healthy and happy while they wait for their forever homes.
High-Need Wish List Items:
- Pet Blankets
- Unopened pet food (dry)
- Unopened pet food (canned)
- Unopened pet treats
- Baby food (meat flavors; no onion or garlic)
You can view additional items on our Amazon Wish List.
Organizing your Wish List Drive
- Select a location to collect items. It could be your school, community center, church, synagogue, or a local store. Be sure to ask for permission to hold your Wish List Drive.
- Decide how long you will be collecting items and when you will pick them up. For example, you may decide to collect items for two weeks or one month.
- Design and distribute eye-catching flyers around your community to advertise your drive. Be sure to include in your posters what items are needed, where they can be dropped off and when they will be picked up.
- Provide a drop box for items at the collection point. Decorate your box so people know what it’s for.
- Track the time you spend planning and facilitating your drive with your school’s tracker (if required). Your total hours should add up to 10.
- Be sure to keep a copy of your flyer and take pictures throughout your project. You’ll need to submit these to the Society for credit.
Turning in your project
Now that your Wish List Drive has ended, and you have collected supplies for animals, it’s time to get credit for all your hard work!
- Make an inventory list of all of the items you have collected.
- Write a 1 page summary of your experience. Some things you may want to include are why you chose this project, if you enjoyed working on it, and how you feel you helped animals.
- Schedule a drop-off appointment with our Community Programs department by emailing email@example.com. You can also drop off your donations anytime by registering for our Shelter Service Day event.
- For your drop-off please bring:
- Your 1 page summary
- A copy of your Wish List Drive inventory
- Pictures from your service project
- A copy of your flier
- Your school’s service learning tracker, detailing the dates and times that you worked on your project.
Have any questions or need clarification on this project?