Support for Pet-Friendly Housing
The Anti-Cruelty Society understands the difficulties facing some pet owners who are looking to secure pet-friendly housing. We have developed the Pet Deposit Subsidy Program to help overcome some of the obstacles.
This program offers a one-time financial subsidy to Chicago pet owners who need assistance securing move-in fees or in obtaining pet-friendly housing. Our goal is to keep pet owners and their animal companions together, even in difficult times.
Qualification is determined on a case-by-case basis and the funds will be distributed as they become available. Please note that fulfilling all the requirements does not guarantee program approval and this financial assistance is only available once. This program is currently only available for properties located within Chicago's city limits. Priority will be given to individuals experiencing financial difficulties.
· Property must be located in city of Chicago
· Completed program application
· Signed lease, including pet addendums and/or pet fee details
· Once an application is received, The Anti-Cruelty Society will contact the associated property owner to confirm pet deposit details.
· The Anti-Cruelty Society will pay pet deposit subsidies directly to the property owner on behalf of tenants. Tenants will be notified upon the transaction’s completion.
· Confidentiality is of utmost importance. Only the property management company and The Anti-Cruelty Society’s program coordinators will have client-identifying information.
· The Pet Deposit Subsidy Program is for one-time use. Applicants who have utilized the service in the past will not be eligible to enroll again.
Please fill out the application in-detail online by clicking this link: Pet Deposit Subsidy Application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For questions regarding the Pet Deposit Subsidy Program, please call 312-898-0218 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Pet Deposit Subsidy Program is made possible by generous support from the community, including a grant from PetSmart Charities.