Would you like to make a shelter pet’s holiday dreams come true?
Take part in our Home for the Howlidays foster project!
In the spirit of the season, you can bring home a shelter cat, dog, or rabbit for short-term fostering between November 22, 2019 to January 10, 2020. Foster stays can range anywhere from two days to two weeks and all care supplies, medical, and training support are included. This project is open to the public as well as to those who have fostered with the Society in the past.
Prospective "Howliday" fosters are encouraged to review our comprehensive Foster Manual for an inside look at the program before applying to join in the festivities.
Check out our FAQ page here for frequently asked questions about fostering.
All prospective "Howliday" fosters must attend an orientation.
Home for the Howlidays Details:
- Pet care experience
- Access to a reliable source of transportation
- Primary caretaker must be at least 18 years of age
- Basic computer skills and an active email address
- Fosters with their own pets must provide proof of vaccination
- All adult members of the household must consent and agree to provide foster support
- Strong communication skills
- Support our mission and philosophies
- Utilize positive reinforcement training techniques
- Spread the howliday cheer by sharing videos and photos of your fosters