Empty The Shelters Adoption Promotion
About the Event
Please note: Not a walk-in event. Appointments after adoption confirmation are necessary. Adoptions must be completed between May 5-9.
Our adult cats and dogs are looking for love and forever homes! Find your match online and make room in your heart for a new four-legged friend. Adoption fees will be reduced to $25 for adoptions of cats and dogs at our main shelter (510 N. LaSalle), ages 5 months and up, from Wednesday, May 5 through Sunday, May 9.
1. Select a cat or dog, ages 5 months and up, from our available animals.
2. Complete an adoption questionnaire by cutting and pasting the link from the pet’s profile into an internet browser. Please fill it out completely, answering each question.
3. Email a copy of your photo ID and proof of address to our Adoption Team.
4. Once we’ve received your questionnaire, one of our team members will reach out to you directly to complete an adoption consultation by email or telephone.
5. Upon approval, the adoption team will schedule an in-person meet and greet at the shelter for you to meet with your potential new best friend. Adoptions must be completed between May 5-9.
6. Finalize the adoption. All adoptions are same-day and your new best friend will go home with you at the end of your appointment.
Please note: Adoptions must be completed between May 5-9. Promotion only applies to cats and dogs ages 5 months years & up. Appointments are required.
BISSELL Pet Foundation's mission to find every pet a loving home is the driving force behind Empty the Shelters. In 2016, BPF created this reduced-fee adoption event to make an immediate impact on the nation's ongoing pet homelessness problem. Since then, this program has encouraged prospective pet owners to consider adoption as their first option when bringing a pet into their family, as there are so many deserving animals waiting to be loved. 49,360 pets have found homes from this Bissell program.
Please note: this is not a walk-in event. Appointments are necessary.