Spay/Neuter Make an Appointment
IMPORTANT UPDATE: PLEASE READ
We are in the process of UPGRADING our spay/neuter scheduling program to make it easier to use in the future. Due to these upgrades, the online spay/neuter scheduler is not available until the end of March.
If you wish to schedule an appointment to have your pet altered, please email us at email@example.com with the following information:
Pet Owner Name
Dog or Cat
Male or Female
Preferred appointment date (Tuesday through Friday)
For more information about our spay/neuter information, please visit our website at anticruelty.org/spay-neuter. We will return your email at our earliest convenience. Any emails we receive over the weekend will be responded to on Monday.
Thank you for your understanding and our apologies for any inconvenience.
Spaying or neutering your pet is one of the most important things you can do for your pet. The Anti-Cruelty Society’s clinic is able to offer these important surgeries at a greatly reduced price thanks to the generosity of our committed donors.
The Anti-Cruelty Society offers a dog and cat spay/neuter clinic Monday–Friday.
Spay/Neuter Surgery Costs
- Cats: $30 male or female
- Feral cats: No charge
- Dogs: $130 (male and female, except pit bull and pit bull mixes)
- Pit bull and pit bull mix dogs: $60
Additional Services Available at the Time of Surgery
- Canine/feline distemper vaccination – $15
The Anti-Cruelty Society requires that all animals having surgery at the Society have a current distemper vaccination.
- Microchip – $25
- Feline leukemia/FIV Test – $25
- Rabies vaccination – $20
Cook County requires that all animals have a current rabies vaccination.
- Canine Influenza Vaccine – $25
Pre and Post-Surgical Instructions
Please arrive at the Clinic, 157-169 W. Grand Ave. between 8 a.m. and 9 a.m. Clinic doors do not open until 8 a.m. (Pick up is the same day as drop off between 5:30 and 6 p.m.) If you arrive before 8 a.m., please wait in our 157-169 W. Grand Ave. lobby. Spay and neuter surgeries require no overnight stays.
The day of your appointment, please bring your animal to our clinic between 8 a.m. and 9 a.m. Cats must be in a carrier, dogs must be on a leash or in a carrier. If you arrive before 8 a.m. please wait in our first floor lobby at 157-169 W. Grand Ave. Please allow additional time so you and your pet can meet briefly with a veterinarian. Release times are between 5:30 p.m. and 6 p.m.
- We do not spay dogs during their heat cycles, call to reschedule if your dog begins a heat cycle.
- For reasons of medical safety, our high volume clinic has a weight restriction; dogs must be less than 75 lbs.
- Please remember your appointment date as we are unable to confirm this over the phone.
- Please be on time for your appointment. We are unable to accommodate late arrivals, and you will forfeit your prepay.
- We do not reschedule missed dog appointments.
- You must bring in the appropriate animal type and sex to the appointment type you select.
- All animals must be at least 3 months of age to have spay or neuter surgery.