Thank you for choosing to be a foster with The Anti-Cruelty Society. The love and support you show to the animals in your care changes lives. The resources below have been designed to help you navigate the program with greater ease. Please do not hesitate to contact the Foster Support Team at any time with questions.
The Anti-Cruelty Society Clinic:
- Mondays – Fridays 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. (312)645-8051
- Weekends 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. (312)645-8220
Foster Support Team:
- Tara Laffey, Coordinator of Foster Services: Sundays – Thursday 8 a.m. – 4 p .m. (312)645-8096
- Eric Tostado, Coordinator of Volunteer Services: Tuesdays – Saturdays 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. (312)645-8092
- Lydia Krupinski, Director of Community Programs: Mondays – Fridays 7:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. (312)645-8094
Behavior Support Team:
- Melissa Klett, Behavior Specialist: Mondays – Fridays 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (312)645-8251
- Stephanie Marquardt, Behavior Specialist: Mondays – Fridays 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (312)645-8252
- Anna Lininger-Pniewska, Behavior Specialist: Mondays – Fridays 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (312)645-8097
Animal Pick-Up: Adoption Center 510 N. LaSalle
- Weekdays 9 a.m. – 6:45 p.m.
- Weekends 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- All foster pick-ups must be confirmed with the Foster Support Team. Email us at email@example.com
- If you need any supplies for your foster please contact the Foster Support Team at least 24 hours in advance with a list.
Animal Drop-Off: Intake 169 W. Grand Level 1R
- Every day of the week 10 a.m. – 5:45 p.m.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org before returning your foster
- Fosters are required to turn in a Dog, Cat or Rabbit Personality Profile for each animal in their care.
- If you have an adopter do not return the animal without contacting the Foster Support Team.
- If you’ve recruited an adopter for your foster, please have them review adoption requirements and complete an adoption application and send it to us at email@example.com. Please do not return the animal to Intake. Foster parents should never promise potential adopters an animal as they must first be screened and approved by Adoption Counselors.
- Should you be interested in adopting your foster – congratulations! Do not return the animal to intake. Contact the Foster Support Team regarding next steps.
Foster Program Manuals:
- Foster Program Manual 2018
- Adoption Ambassador Program Manual
- Neonatal Foster Manual
- Rabbit Foster Manual