Romp Room: Puppy Socialization
Socialization is vital to raising a pup into a confident, friendly, easy-going dog. This session introduces pups to new people, dogs, sights, sounds, and experiences in a fun and safe environment. Stations will introduce novel items and encourage problem solving, then we will wrap up with play time.
This class is open to puppies eight to 16 weeks of age. Proof of age-appropriate vaccinations is required.
PUPPY SOCIALIZATION DATES:
- Saturday, Feb. 9 @ 12:00 p.m. Romp Room: Puppy Socialization
- Tuesday, Feb. 26 @ 6:00 p.m. Romp Room: Puppy Socialization
- Tuesday, March 12 @ 6:00 p.m. Romp Room: Puppy Socialization
- Sunday, March 24 @ 1:00 p.m. Romp Room: Puppy Socialization
Puppy Training Primer
This one-session class will introduce you and your puppy to the nuts-and-bolts of training. We will discuss how to get the behaviors you want from your dog and then put that knowledge to use teaching a few basic skills using scientifically-proven methods that utilize positive reinforcement. This is a perfect class for someone who wants to get the ball rolling before beginning a full training course.
This class is open to puppies eight to 24 weeks of age. Proof of current age-appropriate vaccinations is required.
PUPPY TRAINING PRIMER DATES:
- Tuesday, Feb. 12 @ 6:00p.m. Puppy Training Primer
- Sunday, Feb. 17 @ 1:00p.m. Puppy Training Primer
- Saturday, March 9 @ 12:00 p.m. Puppy Training Primer
Classes are held at The Anti-Cruelty Society’s Education and Training Center at 157 W. Grand Avenue. Free parking onsite is available at the Society’s parking garage located on Wells, a half a block south of Grand Avenue.
These classes are open to the public and they are free (but donations MOST welcome) but class sizes are very limited! Registration is required.