FREE Puppy Socialization
Romp Room: FREE Puppy Socialization
Socialization is vital to raising a pup into a confident, friendly, easy-going dog. This session introduces pups to new people, dogs, sights, sounds, and experiences in a fun and safe environment. Stations will introduce novel items and encourage problem solving, then we will wrap up with play time.
This class is FREE and open to puppies eight to 16 weeks of age. Proof of age-appropriate vaccinations is required.
FREE PUPPY SOCIALIZATION DATES:
- Sunday, March 24 at 1:00 p.m. Romp Room: FREE Puppy Socialization
- Tuesday, April 9 at 6:00 p.m. Romp Room: FREE Puppy Socialization
- Saturday, April 27 at 12:00 p.m. Romp Room: FREE Puppy Socialization
- Sunday, May 5 at 1:00 p.m. Romp Room: FREE Puppy Socialization
FREE Puppy Training Primer
This one-session class will introduce you and your puppy to the nuts-and-bolts of training. We will discuss how to get the behaviors you want from your dog and then put that knowledge to use teaching a few basic skills using scientifically-proven methods that utilize positive reinforcement. This is a perfect class for someone who wants to get the ball rolling before beginning a full training course.
This class is open to puppies eight to 24 weeks of age. Proof of current age-appropriate vaccinations is required.
FREE PUPPY TRAINING PRIMER DATES:
- Saturday, April 6 at 12:00 p.m. FREE Puppy Training Primer
- Sunday, April 14 at 1:00 p.m. FREE Puppy Training Primer
- Tuesday, April 30 at 6:00 p.m. FREE Puppy Training Primer
Classes are held at The Anti-Cruelty Society’s Education and Training Center at 157 W. Grand Avenue. Free parking onsite is available at the Society’s parking garage located on Wells, a half a block south of Grand Avenue.
These classes are open to the public and they are free (but donations MOST welcome) but class sizes are very limited! Registration is required.