Use your creativity and ambition to raise money and awareness for the animals of The Anti-Cruelty Society. Think of activities you enjoy and turn them into a fundraiser!
Organizing Your Fundraiser
- Decide on an activity you enjoy doing, which people would want to participate in. Strategize how your event will allow you to collect money. Some examples include: an art show, a lemonade stand, a car wash, or a bake sale. If you choose to host your event at a location in your community (school, church, community center, etc.) be sure to get permission first.
- Design eye-catching flyers to distribute around your neighborhood encouraging people to come to your fundraiser. Be sure to include where and when your fundraiser will be.
- Create a donation box to collect money. Be sure to decorate it in a way that lets participants know they are donating to a good cause!
- Track the time you spend planning and facilitating your event with your school’s tracker (if required). Your total hours should add up to 10.
- Be sure to keep a copy of your flyer and take pictures during your project. You’ll need to submit these to the Society for credit.
Turning In Your Project
Now that your fundraising event has ended, and you have collected some money for animals, it’s time to get credit for all your hard work!
- Count your raised funds and write the total on a notecard. Please include your name, email address, and school. Enclose the money and the notecard in an envelope.
- Write a 1 page summary of your experience. Some things you may want to include are: why you chose this project, if you enjoyed working on it, and how you feel you helped our animals.
- Schedule a drop-off appointment with our Community Programs department by emailing email@example.com. You can also drop off your donations by registering for our Shelter Service Day
- For your drop-off please bring:
- Your 1 page summary
- Your envelope of raised funds and notecard totals
- Pictures from your project
- A copy of your flier
- Your school’s service learning tracker, detailing the dates and times that you worked on your project.
Have any questions or need clarification on this project?