The Gift of Giving
During the Holiday Drive Matching Challenge, gifts made to the Society to help animals in need will be doubled. Year-end, tax deductible gifts help meet the urgent needs of homeless pets in Chicago. Please consider a gift to help an animal this holiday season. Click here to donate today.
There are many creative ways to help animals in need at The Anti-Cruelty Society. Support our community of caring through your shopping, hosting a fundraiser, upcycling items in your home, and so much more. Here are some ways you can give to The Anti-Cruelty Society!
- VOLUNTEER! Our volunteers are at the heart of our organization. Their tireless work helps us to make life better for the animals in our care. There is something for everyone so sign up today to become one of the true champions! Visit anticruelty.org/volunteer for more info. Even kids can join in by being a reading buddy!
- FOSTER! Over 1,000 animals were placed in foster homes in 2019. Thanks to more than 250 different fosters, we were able to provide an amazing alternative to shelter life while animals were getting ready to be adopted or to just provide a break for a shelter animals. If fostering is for you, learn more at anticruelty.org/foster.
- EVENTS! Join us at one of our amazing events so you can help us raise funds while having fun! Mark your calendars for Feb 19 for Pour Your Heart Out or May 9 for Bark in the Park. Check out our events page at anticruelty.org/events.
- Do It Yourself (DIY) donations. Create toys, blankets, and beds to be used by the shelter animals. Currently, The Anti-Cruelty Society is in desperate need of no-sew beds. These are used to keep the animals comfortable in their kennels as they await to meet their forever families. Tutorials on all the DIY projects can be found here.
- Host a Donation Drive. Rally your friends, family, and coworkers around The Anti-Cruelty Society’s mission and host a donation drive! Some of the most needed items include towels, blankets, newspapers, and pet treats. You could raise money through an event or even host something like a lemonade stand or bake sale to donate the proceeds to the Society. To discuss ideas or to learn more, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Donate in lieu of gifts (showers, birthdays, graduations, weddings). Setting up a Facebook giving opportunity for your birthday is a great way to give back to support the animals at The Anti-Cruelty Society. Just go to your own Facebook page to set it up. You can also just suggest your friends and family donate directly to The Anti-Cruelty Society in honor of your birthday. The same goes with gifts for showers, graduations, or maybe your pet’s Gotcha day. If you are getting married, consider making a gift in honor of your guests to our furry friends when you make a donation in lieu of party favors! Let your guests know you have given the best possible favor—saving lives and helping animals in need with a card provided by The Anti-Cruelty Society.
- Vehicle Donations. Tax-deductible vehicle donations help us raise funds to help animals in need. Through our nationwide vehicle donation program, we can accept a variety of vehicles including: cars, trucks, motorcycles, recreational vehicles, airplanes, and boats. Even if the vehicle isn’t working, it is still able to generate funds to help the animals. Email email@example.com to learn how to donate your vehicle to help animals in need.
Remember, we are an open door and we hope you will stop by during the holiday season to visit with our animals and bring them some holiday cheer!