Whether you live in Chicago or abroad, if you love animals, becoming a virtual volunteer is a practical way to help us further our mission of helping pets and educating people. Consider taking part in one of the virtual volunteer projects below and become a part of our community of caring!
If you’re looking to help animals in the community, consider joining the Litter Patrol team. This group of virtual animal advocates help us review and reach out to people posting animals for sale on Craigslist, as well as those looking to obtain a pet. This is a great special projects team to join if you’re interested in making a big impact in the Chicago pet community.
The following are basic requirements for joining this unique volunteer team:
• 6 month volunteer commitment
• Log at least 2 hours each month
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• An understanding and passion for animal welfare issues
• Positive attitude
• Strong written communication
• Eagerness to learn and develop skills
• Basic computer skills and active email address
• Ability to work well independently
• Attention to detail
Schedule & Training:
• Litter Patrol shifts take place on Tuesdays and Saturdays
• All volunteers will be required to complete Virtual Volunteer Orientation prior to starting their first shift. Volunteers will also need to successfully complete the Virtual Volunteer Orientation quiz.
• New volunteers will receive the Litter Patrol manual upon completion of training. The manual includes information on how to access the group email account, email templates, and more!
Joining the Team:
Please direct any questions regarding the program to Tara Laffey at firstname.lastname@example.org.