Community Programs Spring 2018 Internship
The Anti-Cruelty Society is accepting applications for a Community Programs Intern to help us engage and educate youth and build our community of caring. This opportunity is for college students looking for experience in: program development, project evaluation, education, volunteer management, office administration, communication, and much more! You’ll learn what it takes to meaningfully engage youth to help us expand knowledge on a variety of animal welfare topics. The Community Programs Intern will work alongside our experienced educators to facilitate learning in a variety of settings including group volunteer events, school groups, and by helping us with our seasonal After School Advocates program. In addition the Community Programs Intern will have the opportunity to develop and pitch an original program on behalf of the Society.
Our ideal candidate will have 2 years of college experience and/or will have attended at least one Society Community Programs program. We are looking for someone who is reliable, creative, outgoing, enjoys engaging with people, has a passion for animal welfare, and would enjoy working with our dynamic and energetic team of Community Programs Specialists.
What You Will Learn:
- The Anti-Cruelty Society’s mission, history, services and basic operations
- How to captivate an audience through public speaking
- How to engage youth using technology, media, and group activities
- Program facilitation and evaluation
- Program research and development
- Basic Microsoft Word and PowerPoint skills
Intern Responsibilities and Details:
- Assist in the facilitation of educational programming
- Assist with the Society’s teen volunteer program, After School Advocates
- Develop an original program to be potentially added to the Society’s education program repertoire.
- 8-week internship lasts April 3 – May 25, with an orientation day on April 2
- Flexible schedule, EXCEPT must be willing to intern on Tuesdays and Thursday (2:30 – 6:30pm) from April 10 – May 10
Please submit a letter of interest and a resume for consideration. Direct all applications to:
The Anti-Cruelty Society
ATTN: Meshia Burrell, Director of Human Resources
157 West Grand Avenue
Chicago IL 60654
Facsimile: (888) 391-0164
No phone calls please