*SPECIAL ALERT: If you are visiting this page with the intent of joining our Hurricane Harvey Foster Team – thank you! We are particularly in need of homes for large breed dogs. If you would like to join our team please click here to complete a foster program application so we can add you to our standby list.
The Anti-Cruelty Society’s Foster Program is a vital lifeline that helps to rehabilitate and adopt animals in our care. The individual love and care of a foster parent gives pets the opportunity to flourish in a home, rather than in a shelter environment. Foster periods vary from a few weeks to months, but the impact on the person and pet lasts a lifetime.
The Anti-Cruelty Society provides all fosters with program training, medical care, behavior support, and dry food. All Society fosters are licensed through the Illinois Department of Agriculture upon completion of program training. Foster volunteers are asked to supply treats, toys, bedding, and accessories for animals in their care.
The Anti-Cruelty Society offers many ways in which you can help care for animals from your home. Animals needing foster care include:
- Underage: Animals who are younger than 2 months
- Socialization: Shy or under-socialized cats and dogs
- Medical: Contagious illnesses like kennel cough or Upper Respiratory Infection
- Medical: Non-contagious issues such as being underweight, hair loss, etc.
- SAFE Program: A boarding program for pets whose owners are in emergency situations
- Neonatal Kittens: Litters of newborns with or without mothers
- Heartworm Positive Dogs: Canines who need care while they undergo HW treatment
- Rabbit Fosters: Provide our resident bunnies with a break from the shelter
- Adoption Ambassador: Become a foster and adoption scout for an animal ready for their new home. For more information about our Adoption Ambassadors program, click here.
Learn more about how to become a foster volunteer here. If you have any questions regarding our foster volunteer opportunities, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To donate milk or bottles for orphaned newborn kittens in need please visit our Amazon wishlist.