Spay/Neuter Clinic Online Scheduler
Please read the following information before scheduling an appointment:
Spaying or neutering your pet is one of the most important things you can do for him or her. The Anti-Cruelty Society’s clinic is able to offer these important surgeries at a greatly reduced price thanks to the generosity of our committed donors.
Dog and cat spay/neuter appointments are Monday–Friday
- Cats: $25 male or female
- Feral cats are free
- Dogs: $130 (Male and Female) (except pit bull and pit bull mixes)
- Pit bull and pit bull mix dogs: $60
For many years we provided pit bull surgeries at no charge. With increasing pressures on our resources we are implementing a discounted fee of $60. This fee does not reflect the true cost of this valuable service, but it will help us to continue to provide this lifesaving program for the greatest number of animals. If you are unable to afford even this modest charge, please refer to our Charity Veterinary Clinic page for information to qualify for this program.
Go to the end of this page to see details about our feral cat program
All appointments must be pre-paid for the cost of the surgery online via credit card (or debit card with a logo). You may cancel your appointment with at least 48 hours notice and the charges will be reversed. No refunds will be given for missed appointments.
Additional Services Available at the Time of Surgery:
- Canine/feline distemper vaccination – $15
- Canine Influenza Vaccine (H3N2) – $25
- Microchip – $25
- Feline leukemia/FIV Test – $25
- Rabies vaccination – $20
- The Anti-Cruelty Society requires that all animals have a current distemper vaccination.
- The county requires that all animals have a current rabies vaccination.
Spay and neuter surgeries require no overnight stays. The day of your appointment, please bring your animal to our clinic between 8 a.m. and 9 a.m. Cats must be in a carrier, dogs must be on a leash or in a carrier. If you arrive before 8 a.m. please wait in our first floor lobby at 169 W. Grand Ave. Please allow additional time so you and your pet can meet briefly with a veterinarian. Release times are between 5:30 pm. and 6 p.m.
- We do not spay dogs during their heat cycles, call to reschedule if your dog begins a heat cycle.
- For reasons of medical safety, our high volume clinic has a weight restriction; dogs must be less than 75 lbs.
- Please remember your appointment date as we are unable to confirm this over the phone.
- Please be on time for your appointment. We are unable to accommodate late arrivals, and you will forfeit your prepay.
- We do not reschedule missed dog appointments.
- You must bring in the appropriate animal type and sex to the appointment type you select.
- All animals must be at least 3 months of age to have spay or neuter surgery.
- To cancel or reschedule an appointment or if experiencing computer issues,
please call (312) 644-8338, ext. 350
Spaying and neutering surgeries require no overnight stays. You will be asked to bring your animal to our clinic between 8 a.m. and 9 a.m. Allow additional time so you and your pet can meet briefly with a veterinarian. Release times are between 5:30 p.m. and 6 p.m.
To schedule an appointment click here
- Male Cat (Neuter)
- Female Cat (Spay)
- Male Pitbull (Neuter)
- Female Pitbull (Spay)
- Male Dog (Non Pitbull/PB Mix) (Neuter)
- Female Dog (Non Pitbull/PB Mix) (Spay)
Spay/Neuter Clinic is located at:
169 W. Grand Ave. (Basement Level)
Chicago, IL 60654
Our parking garage is located on the south-east corner of Grand Ave. and Wells St..
Pre and Post-Surgical Instructions
- Click here for pre-operative spay/neuter instructions.
- Click here for post-surgery spay/neuter instructions.
Please arrive at the Clinic, 169 W. Grand Ave. between 8 a.m. and 9 a.m. Clinic doors do not open until 8 a.m. (Pick up is the same day as drop off between 5:30-6 p.m.) If you arrive before 8 a.m., please wait in our 169 W. Grand Ave. lobby. If driving, please utilize our free parking garage located on Wells Street, just South of Grand Ave.
Feral Cat Programs
Feral cats can be spayed or neutered for free. Please call (312) 644-8338, ext. 350 or 351 to speak to a clinic receptionist.
The Anti-Cruelty Society spays and neuters over 11,000 pets every year through this low-cost service.