Health Benefits of Spay/Neutering
- Increases life expectancy. Spaying or neutering your dog will increase life expectancy by one to three years. It will increase your cat’s life expectancy by three to five years.
- Reduces or eliminates the risk for mammary gland tumors, ovarian cancer and uterine cancerin females, especially if spayed before the first heat cycle.
- Eliminates risk of testicular cancer and reduces risk for prostate diseasein males.
- Reduces desire to roam, improving safety by reducing injury from fights or auto accidents. Male dogs can smell females in heat up to five miles away. Statistics show that as many as 85% of dogs hit by cars are unaltered.
- Reduces overall health issues, which is good for your pet and also lowers his medical costs.
Behavioral Benefits of Spay/Neutering
- Makes for a better family pet. Pets who are spayed or neutered are easier to train and more focused on their family.
- Decreases aggressive behavior and creates a safer community. Dog bites are the second most common reason for children’s emergency room visits. Unneutered male dogs are 18 times more likely to bite; unspayed females are 10 times more likely to bite.
- Reduces or eliminates spraying and marking by males.
- Eliminates messy heat cycles for females.
IMPORTANT UPDATE: PLEASE READ
We are in the process of UPGRADING our spay/neuter scheduling program to make it easier to use in the future. Due to these upgrades, the online spay/neuter scheduler is not available until the end of March.
If you wish to schedule an appointment to have your pet altered, please email us at email@example.com with the following information:
Pet Owner Name
Dog or Cat
Male or Female
Preferred appointment date (Tuesday through Friday)
For more information about our spay/neuter information, please visit our website at anticruelty.org/spay-neuter. We will return your email at our earliest convenience. Any emails we receive over the weekend will be responded to on Monday.
Thank you for your understanding and our apologies for any inconvenience.