Customers that have scheduled and appointment for a spay or neuter surgery for their pets should follow these instructions before bringing their cats or dogs into the clinic.
- Do not feed your pet after 9 p.m. on the night before the surgery. Water should be freely available until the time you leave home.
- Please arrive at the Clinic entrance at 169 W. Grand Ave. between 8 a.m. and 9 a.m. Clinic doors do not open until 8 a.m. If you arrive before 8 a.m., please wait in the first floor lobby next to the elevator. Pick up is the same day, between 5:30-6 p.m. If driving, please utilize our free parking garage located on Wells Street, just South of Grand Ave.
- In order to ensure the safety of your pet, we require that you transport cats in a pet carrier, and dogs must either be leashed or in a carrier.
- You must bring your pet’s vaccination records. It is mandatory that your pet be current on vaccinations against distemper (and parvovirus for dogs). If your animal is not currently vaccinated, there will be an additional $15 fee. In addition, you may also purchase a rabies vaccination ($20), Canine Influenza Vaccine (H3N2) ($25), microchip identification ($25), and/or a Feline leukemia/FIV test for cats ($25) on the morning of the surgery.
- In order to comply with current standards of The Association of Shelter Veterinarians, a small green tattoo will be applied to the abdomen of male and female cats and female dogs. For male dogs, the tattoo will applied near the scrotum. This is meant as an indicator of the sterilization status of these animals thus preventing unnecessary surgery later in life.
- Payment for these services must be made at the time of admission. We accept cash (please, no bills larger than $50) and all major credit cards. Your animal must be picked up the day of surgery. There is no overnight stay. A $50 per animal cash fee will be charged for any animal not picked up.
- Due to the high demand for this low-cost program, we ask that you keep your scheduled appointment. If necessary, you can change your appointment date by giving at least two (2) business days (Monday-Friday) notice. To do this, please call 312 644-8338 ext. 8050. A charge of $15 will be assessed to reschedule a missed cat appointment. We do not reschedule missed dog appointments.