During their stay at The Anti-Cruelty Society, cats are provided with a variety of enrichment items to make their time with us more pleasant. Kitty sachets, being small and filled with catnip, make a great toy for a cat currently living in a kennel on-site. These easy to make sachets will bring some of the comforts of home to a cat in our care.
- Cotton Fabric (old sheets or button down shirts work well)
- Cotton balls
- Loose catnip
Time to Create: Making 4 Kitty Sachets is a 1-hour project
1) Cut fabric into 6” x 6” squares
2) Place fabric square upside-down; roll cotton ball in catnip and place in center of square
3) Gather fabric around cotton ball to form a little sachet; tie ribbon around sachet, under the cotton ball to seal, and double knot a bow (snip off any extra ribbon)
4) Repeat steps 1-3 to make three more sachets
To download pictorial instructions for this project click here.