Cats are avid hunters and enjoy having toys that simulate their natural desire to catch and throw prey. These fun and easy to make cork toys do just that! By giving a shelter cat a small lightweight toy to throw, especially one with a tail, you can make their stay with us more enjoyable.
- Wine corks
- Paper clip
- Pipe cleaners and/or feathers
Time to Create: Making 8 cork toys is a 1-hour project
1. Use a paper clip to poke a hole at one end of the cork. Make sure the hole is at least a half-inch deep. If using a cork that already has a hole from being pulled from a bottle, skip to step 3.
2. Twirl the pipe cleaners into various coils and other open-ended shapes.
3. Insert the pipe cleaner into one end of the cork.
4. To create a feathered cork toy, simply stick the end into the cork hole.