The Anti-Cruelty Society is accepting applications for a full –time Clinic Receptionist. The Clinic Receptionist reports to the Director of Clinic Services and is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the spay/neuter, low-income, adopter and pets for people programs to ensure efficiency and to provide full compliance with all policies established regarding operations at The Anti-Cruelty Society.
The ideal candidate must have a pleasant demeanor, be objective, courteous and reasonable at all times. Must have a sense of caring for animals and possess excellent interpersonal skills. Excellent phone etiquette and basic computer skills are also required. Other responsibilities include:
- Route all paperwork in accordance with established clinic procedures.
- Establish qualifications of potential clients.
- Generate daily/monthly cash/service reports within PetPoint.
- Dispense rabies tags and certificates while sending copies to the appropriate agencies.
- Make appointments for spay/neuter procedures, outpatients and elective surgeries.
- Answer telephones to qualify clients, answer adopters concerns and spay/neuter inquiries, direct calls to appropriate departments.
- Admit and release hospitalized animals.
- Admit and provide housing for spay/neuter animals.
- Obtain animal weight and record on charts.
- Ability to restrain animals during physical exams and vaccines.
- Generate client/patient files.
- Enter financial transactions and provide receipts.
- Enter and maintain computer records for all clients.
- In Pet Point, record treatments, microchip and rabies identification.
- Retrieve online spay/neuter requests; enter appointment in Pet Point, email confirmation letter to customers.
- Provide accurate record keeping for all services rendered as required by law and the established policies of The Anti-Cruelty Society.
- Maintain equipment including computers, cash register, copy machine, printers, fax machines and telephones.
- Maintain other clinic areas including kennels and floors during staff shortages.
- Provide coverage in the absence of co-workers.
- Assume other duties as assigned.
Please submit a letter of interest, including a salary history and expectations and a resume for consideration. You may submit an online application by clicking the following link or you may pick one up at the shelter front desk (510 N. LaSalle) 7 days a week from 9 a.m.–5 p.m. Sorry, but we will not be able to consider applications without these documents.
Direct all applications to:
The Anti-Cruelty Society
ATTN: Meshia Burrell, Director of Human Resources
157 West Grand Avenue
Chicago IL 60654
Facsimile: (888) 391-0164
No phone calls please